January 01, 2009

2009

NEW DIMENSION OF POWER

As we move into the new year there is a strong sense of a new power dimension in Jesus that will be opened up for those He can trust.  I feel Him saying:  "Wait, do not grow weary or impatient, wait."

There has been a stripping away for many, a place of feeling empty and of having nothing left.  A great stretching into greater ability to love, bless and forgive - the fruit of the Spirit growing and ripening even though not obvious. 

There will also be a sending.  Wait.  Let the One who has done His good work also be the One who opens the doors and makes the way.  He truly want to be, and will be, the Way, the Truth and the Life as He outworks all that He is through His prepared friends.

"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you" John 15:15

LOVE IS HIS SIGNATURE

I believe the Lord is saying that in the days ahead this will be the signature to look for, the indicator of His will and His presence.  "Its all about love, without this nothing is of me, for I AM LOVE."  There will be a greater awareness of His love than ever before and this will be evident to those who need to know it.  He has spoken of this many times before, and wants now to remind us of things previously spoken.

The Lord drew my attention to the difference in results between indulgent human love and His love

 
- Indulgent love: looks to bring good to both the giver and receiver and is selfish, weak and spoils, whereas

- God's strong love is full and powerful, willing to do what is best for the receiver regardless of personal cost..

GOD'S GREATNESS & ABILITY

Psalm 114 draws our attention to God's sovereignty, sanctuary, dominion, presence and His miraculous power.

He is wanting to remind us of these things again as we enter this new year, in order that we would be expectant and looking for all that He is.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16

THE ANOINTING

To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"  John 2:16 

I saw for the first time that when Jesus cleansed the temple He spoke separately to those who were selling doves.  I felt this relates now to those who would 'merchandise the anointing'.  The Holy Spirit (dove) is a very personal and powerful part of the Godhead.  This is precious oil poured from heaven and is given freely by God.  Jesus paid the price for this and so it comes free.  We should in no way profit from this, but give freely what has been given to us as we live, move and have our being in Him.

This warning would indicate that He will pour out and is cautioning us to take great care with what we are given.

THE TURNING TIDE - See Post below.

1 comment:

  1. Great Word,as always, my dear friend! Thank you.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete