December 30, 2008

THE TURNING TIDE

Today I have a feeling of floating, without oars or rudder, and yet the boat is being turned and moved.  It is disconcerting, but quietly safe.

Psalm 119:50  My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

The picture I see is of a boat swinging on its moorings because the tide has turned - the tide is coming in!

The boat is tied to a strong mooring post, but the incoming tide is causing it to turn so that the bow is facing into the flow of water.

Be positioned.  Be prepared.

The mooring doesn't move, it is solid and secure, but EVERYTHING around it does.

I feel the need to be strongly and securely tired to the mooring post, but with enough rope to give flexibility of movement.

The incoming tide is a rush of clean water from the deep ocean which will wash and refresh those in it's path.  It will refresh dreams, visions, words spoken, and bring new life to them for this season.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment