May 08, 2015

LISTEN! 5.5.15

I haven't written here for some time as I didn't feel there was anything much to say.  Over the years I have only blogged when I felt the Lord was speaking something significant into my heart. Some years ago He told me there would be a 'famine in hearing the word of the Lord' - this, like all else He says, proved to be true.

Last Tuesday I was preparing to go to work when He stopped me in my tracks and called me back to listen to what He had to say, so below is what I believe He was saying to me.  I believe He is speaking to His people in the land right now.

"Please, please, please, pause and listen.
You've become used to the work, the hard work, but I made you for so much more.
I need your ears and I will require you to speak.
You prayed for the release of the nation's prophetic voices and you need to be part of the answer.
We will re-engage in our conversation, the famine in hearing is now over.
Be alert, be awake, be listening.
The wind is rising and beginning to blow over the land, blowing away the dust of neglect and clearing the debris built up in this time.
Who am I to you in this time?
I am the One Who speaks
I am the One Who hears
I am the One Who declares things into being.
I am looking at New Zealand right now
My gaze is resting on her, and My heart is towards her.
My purpose overrides every plan of man and My plans will come to pass.
Please listen, remind others to listen.  Listen carefully.

Following on from this, the Lord lead me to a number of scriptures as follows:

Amos 3:7
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

Exodus 15:6
"Your right hand, O Lord, was majestic in power.
Your right hand, O Lord, shattered the enemy."

Revelation 20:4
I saw the thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge.  And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God.  They had not worshipped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their fore-heads or their hands.  They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Isaiah 22:16
What are you doing here and who gave you permission to cut out a grave for yourself here, hewing your grave on the height and chiseling your resting place in the rock?

John 14:15
If you love me, you will obey what I command.

These verses speak to me of God's purposes, plans and principles.  The Isaiah verse when read in context is the story of someone who exalted himself into a place of authority that the Lord had not given him.  I feel strongly that we need to ensure we are moving in His will and purpose in this day and have not moved into positions through ambition or need.  The Lord chooses and calls His prophets, we cannot decide to become one without the call, although we may all prophesy as the Holy Spirit brings God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment