May 21, 2012

Solitary Moments

There is a quality in the stillness of autumn that provokes me to deeper thought and quiet moments more than any other time of year,  a consideration of what it meant for Adam and Eve to walk with their Creator in the garden - the incredible thought that they received fresh revelation and relationship every day!  We have that same opportunity if we want to take it.

It seems that here in the quiet solitary place with You Lord is where I belong and am at peace.  Everything else, while good, feels like a puff of smoke in comparison.  And yet, I come and go as life demands and am grateful for these hours that sustain me through the rest!

If You do not fill me with life I am just a husk without a kernel - no substance, only a shell!

More than ever now I need your love, Your presence, Your voice.  How can I navigate this world without You, how can anyone survive alone?

And so, I have become dependent now on You, the source of my life, the fire that warms and fuels me, the wisdom that makes sense of the senseless, the love that is always enough.  More and more YOU become the way, truth and life, and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment