February 25, 2012

THE GOD WHO KNOWS

My focus through this season of Lent, the beautiful walk towards Easter with all it's significance, is on the greatness of God.
Our true fulfillment and future is not found in what we, or any other person, thinks, but in what God knows.  Our way forward is IN Him and WITH Him, trusting that He truly is the beginning and the end and is the only One who sees the big picture.
I do not know how to build with my own hands, only with my heart.  It is a quiet place filled with His love and presence in which all things are possible and nothing too difficult for Him.
The prayer is not in the asking, it is in the knowing, and therefore it is not hindered by my finite view of things but safely in the hands of the One who is infinite.
In this place He truly becomes my Way, Truth and Life.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
For each of us as we stand before you in this season Lord, release us from the thoughts and ideas of ourselves and others, and lead us into what You KNOW is Your plan and purpose for us.  Pour the water and oil of Your Spirit over us and cause us to be flexible Lord - clay in Your hands - so that You can shape and place us as You please.

No comments:

Post a Comment