March 08, 2010

CHOICES - RIGHT OR LEFT?

All of Matthew 25 is talking about people who wisely used what they had been given and lived in a constant state of readiness for whatever God might do, and those who did not bother to do this.

The wise people used the gifts they had been given, constantly desiring to see them increased, while the foolish hid away the little they had and did nothing with it.

All this leading up to Jesus talking about the glorious moment when He would again set foot upon this earth and sort out the wise from the foolish.

"When he finally arrives, blazing in beauty and all his angels with him, the Son of Man will take his place on his glorious throne.Then all the nations will be arranged before him and he will sort the people out, much as a shepherd sorts out sheep and goats, putting sheep to his right and goats to his left.
"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation.
And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,

I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,

I was homeless and you gave me a room,

I was shivering and you gave me clothes,

I was sick and you stopped to visit,

I was in prison and you came to me.'

"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink?
And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?'
Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me--you did it to me.'   (Matthew 25 in The Message)

In this passage the separation appears to have been made on the grounds of how we treat each other (love your neighbour as yourself) and in so doing we show love to the One who created each one, so the commandment that Jesus left us with is fulfilled

This is not hard to do!  Each hour of each day there are choices placed before each of us, and the choice we make will ultimately determine our eternal future. 

Who do you see hungry today ... and what are they hungry for?

Who do you see thirsty today ,,, and what are they thirsting for?

Who do you see without a home ... and what sort of room do they need?

Who do you see shivering ... what sort of clothing do they need?

Who do you see sick ... do you have even a minute to stop and visit?

Who do you known who is imprisoned ...what can you take when you visit?

Do we want to know Jesus better?  When we do just one of these things it is doing it to Him, surely as we do these things we will find Him there with us, and little by little we will learn of His heart, His mind, His incredible love.

We have choices to make ... will we be seated on His right or His left?

No comments:

Post a Comment