September 07, 2008

MORE ....

Yesterday I spent the whole day with a group of beautiful women.  All just growing in their relationship with God.  I listened to amazing and very inspirational speakers talking about the wonderful evidence of God's hand in their lives - He has most certainly done amazing things.  It was a good day in every respect, and there was nothing at all in the day that jarred or jangled. 

On the way home, however, I found myself back on what has been a constant track for so long now. As I drove along I felt the Lord's presence in my car, I loved that nearness that is only found alone with Him, and it forced a great cry from the depths of my being.  How I long to know more of Him, more about Him, to walk even closer to Him every minute and hour of the day.

I'm not talking about some hidden away place, but about all that He is totally permeating my being; flowing through and out of me in such a constant stream of His life that it flows wherever I am.

There are so many pursuits offered to us today ... all of them good in themselves ... but I find my heart in pursuit of one thing and one thing only.  No longer can I pray for 'revival', 'glory', 'healing', manifestations of the Holy Spirit, because they are not what my heart longs for.

My thought yesterday was this.  God, You are Love, so will you let your heart overflow towards me, so that it will fill my heart to overflowing and that love will pour out where it is most needed.  Surely if God is Love, then that is the essence of all things, the One Thing that is needed, the One Thing that will bring all the answers we seek?

I love how The Message expresses Psalm 90:14-17: 

Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all the day long.
Make up for the bad times with some good times; we've seen enough evil to last a lifetime.   Let your servants see what you're best at-- the ways you rule and bless your children.
And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do!

That is my prayer:  Come and surprise us with love Lord, and let that love affirm and confirm all that we do.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post - I too do not feel led to pray for Revival, for Healings for those things...I have been writing some devotionals all with "Only One thing" as the common thread based on Luke 11 with Martha and Mary and Mary sitting at Jesus's feet. When I start to get involved with the politics of a group, or feel control and restriction, I feel squished and the only thing I want to do is come back to my relationship with God and be with him...it's a strange mix. I do not feel a leading to be back at "Church" per-se, sometimes I feel condemned for that (not by people) but each time...it's about Him and Love, and relationship. Then I look back on times past when Intercession was driving a certain direction - it was right for that season, but now it is somewhat different, and sometimes it feels a lonely path...yet I am drawn back to Only One Thing...for example...Wait, Trust, Availability not Ability, Love...

    Thanks for sharing this :-)

    ReplyDelete