September 13, 2007

THE OUTWARD FLOW

The way God's creative power is released and works is astonishing. Recently I have begun a new area of work in the women's refuge with a scripture the Lord gave me at the start. When I asked for something to sustain me in this time He clearly spoke "John 15:16".

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name.

Because this call is one to touch lives and primarily to pray, the scripture covers absolutely EVERYTHING I need. I feel empowered to go, know there will be fruit of this time, and to ask with great boldness for what is needed in that place!

NEVER have I walked in such an empowering word before, I can feel it alive and active, strengthening me, giving me boldness, courage and faith. It is totally amazing and joyful.

This has led me to dig deeper, and yesterday as I prayed, I could feel the power of God's river running over and out of the areas that He has secured. It was within me, but outside of my strength and power, and I thought of the scripture I love so much in Ephesians 1:19,20.

and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms.

There is this amazing flow of life-giving power from the Father (the creator of ALL things). This great power is released FOR us, and was exerted IN Christ to raise him up. I am seeing and experiencing something beyond what I have previously understood. This great power comes out of the Will and Heart of God, and is released FOR those who believe in Who and What God is. He reaches IN and has His way over EVERYTHING because our belief/faith makes a way for this great surge of life to flow.

This is not 'drummed up' faith because we think/know we need to have it to see something happen. No, this flow comes through, over and around, a peaceful and quiet knowledge and love of God. Not from a place of human strength and striving, but from the surrendered, submitted soul, spirit, life, of one who has TRULY given his/her life into the hands of their Maker.

The difference is like looking at a skillful, beautifully executed painting that is pleasing to look at, compared to a work of art that is less perfect and skilful, but pulsates with life, passion, and carries something of the very life of the artist.

We can sing a lovely song with a God-given lovely voice, but when the whole of the life is given back to God, that voice becomes HIS instrument through which He pours something that touches, moves, changes the hearts and lives of the listeners.

It is not about religious piety, but about LIVING with THE WAY,THE TRUTH, THE LIFE, HIMSELF.

His river flows over all the rough and uneven surfaces of our human lives, washing, cleansing, healing, smoothing rough edges. It flows on and outward as He begins to release this life FOR us, into our circumstances and world around us, into what we bring to Him in prayer.

Now we truly become prayer in a new way.

Whoever believes in Me, as the scripture has said, streams of living water shall flow from within him". By this He (Jesus) meant the Spirit whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. John 7:38,39.

2 comments:

  1. Another great post! Have been praying for your overnight times and thinking of you and the Ministry heaps. Been feeling 'crook' the past couple of weeks on and off (I seem to be reaching an interesting age - early!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O dear, sorry to hear that! Good thing is that what starts early ends early too!
    Really appreciate your prayer, and the gifts you sent were greatly appreciated by the women too! So thank you.
    We are on two weeks break from the classes as the school holidays start, but I'll still be there at night.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete