June 06, 2006

HAVING FUN

Today has been full of smiles as I have a good look at how seriously I have taken things in the past, and SUDDENLY I get this sense of Jesus walking in, picking some stuff up Himself, and enjoying Himself as I finally begin to get the message.
For years we have tried so hard. We have learnt so much (or we thought so!). We have worked so hard for the Lord, and He has truly blessed our efforts on His behalf, especially as we were beginners, learning to walk in His ways.
Now I have discovered how much fun it can be to walk alongside someone bigger than ourselves, who actually delights to show Himself strong for us! We are little lightweights, and He is the heavyweight who has now entered the arena.
This Jesus, who IS our Peace, and in Himself has taken down the dividing walls of hostility, really wants us to get the picture.
In the past we came up to a wall and we would fire scripture at it, bombard it with prayer and proclamation, and sometimes we would be blessed to see it come down which was great encouragement.
Today the picture changed, now I can walk right up to the wall and say "Hey wall, I want to introduce you to My Jesus ... He has come to take you down!" :)

Psa 25:14 The secret of the LORD is for those who fear Him, And He will make them know His covenant.
To fear the Lord, you have to KNOW Him, and then He begins to teach about His Kingdom, His covenant promises, His mighty power to heal and to save.
We begin to delight ourselves in Him and all we know of Him, and SUDDENLY we find He spoke the truth to us - the joy of the Lord has truly become our strength!
Hope this leaves you peaceful and smiling as much as it does me. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful way with words. Made me think of 'the one enthroned in heaven laughs'. Fun sounds wonderful, laughter because God can do anything, no mountain too high, no wall too thick.

    Thanks for your sharings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Karen, it is SO liberating to really KNOW that in your spirit - we are so amazingly blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete