April 14, 2006

A DREAM

This week I had a powerful dream.


I had been invited to speak in a very big church, as I stood there in the midst of the ocean of faces there were probably about 1000 people.
The speaking was not from a stage or podium but from the midst of the people. The message I had was the message of Jesus Christ to His disciples in John 10 when He called them to Him and gave them authority (this was given to those who had walked with Him..knew Him intimately) and told them to "Go".
In Matt. 10:7 He says:
"As you go, preach this message: "The Kingdom of Heaven is near."
As I spoke this out, it felt as if the Holy Spirit came over my shoulder and began to proclaim through me "This is Life, this is Truth, this is Bread, this is strength....." It came with the power of a trumpet blast over and into the gathered people.
As this happened I felt a tap on my arm, stopped, and looked down. Beside me stood a man with a clipboard, and he was wanting me to sign something for my message and write down it's scriptural reference!
I sat down and saw in front of me a bundle of church newsletters tied together with string. As I looked inside them I saw that this message had been brought to this people many times.
Saddened I walked outside and my attention was drawn to the carpark. Row after row of cars, neatly parked, locked, going nowhere .... He gently said this was the state of the people inside the building also.

No comments:

Post a Comment